Oasis Basketball Academy
Oasis Basketball Academy in partnership with Astars Academies
Oasis Basketball Academy was established in summer 2019 in partnership with Astars Academies. Founder of Astars Academies Perry Lawson is a former Great Britain and England International athlete.
The academy will teach the importance of hard work, discipline and respect, all attributes needed to succeed in any walk of life. This is great opportunity to bring this level of basketball to this area of Enfield and give some of the young people in the local area a real focus. I am excited to be part of this school on a journey of national success both academically and on the court.
Perry Lawson, Head Coach of Oasis Basketball Academy
His vision is to provide elite basketball training throughout a school day around their academic provision similar to certain schools in the US and Europe. What you will receive if you are part of the Oasis Basketball Academy:
- A minimum of 12 hours of basketball training a week
- 1 to 1 development training during school hours
- A personalised strength and conditioning programme
- ABL and National schools game exposure
- Direct links to National League clubs to play clubs throughout the UK
- Mentoring from a ex professional basketball player
- Access to current British professional games and players
- Schedule trips to Europe to compete on the continent
For Updates on the CBL domestic league we play in.
Oasis Basketball Academy now plays in a European competition the EYBL
We are proud to announce that our Oasis Basketball Academy now plays in a European competition the EYBL (European Youth Basketball League). Dean Junior (DJ) Defretas-Smith from OBA made the Top 5 All star stand out player in the EYBL Stage 1 in Nov.
Congratulations to DJ for being placed on the U20’s @eybl_official all star team in the stage 1 of the U20’s south tournament in Budapest, Hungary.