16-19 Tuition Fund
The 16-19 tuition fund is a one-off funding for the 2021/22 academic year only. Its purpose is to mitigate against the disruption of learning caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. This statement outlines how the fund will be used at Oasis Academy Enfield.
The tuition fund will be used for small group tuition (up to 5) for disadvantaged students, with priority given to students who are resitting English and/or Maths GCSEs, to SEND students, or to those who live in the one 27% most economically-deprived areas of the country based on the Index of Multiple Deprivation.
The tuition will be delivered within the school day with additional sessions run after school or on Saturday’s, by specialist teachers employed by the academy but may be complemented by external specialist teachers where appropriate.
In line with government advice Oasis Academy Enfield commits to:
- produce a concise statement explaining how we will use this funding in line with our guidance to prioritise support for disadvantaged students
- publish the statement on the website
- record the use of the funding, including reference to the individual students that receive the support, the needs of those students, the number of hours of tuition delivered, and retain the necessary evidence of the tuition provided
- deliver the extra tuition and spend the associated funding in the 2021 to 2022 academic year
- notify ESFA of any unspent funding from this fund for it to be reclaimed