Choosing a direction in life can be one of the most challenging and confusing things we can do at any age! However there is a pressure placed upon young people, throughout their Secondary education, to have an idea of where they want to go with their future based on the subject choices they make. We want to relieve some of that pressure on our students by helping them to feel empowered and informed about their options for the future.
From Year 7 through to Year 11 we encompass Careers Education into our PSHE offer. Based on 5 core themes, our programme includes having 1:1 support from Learning Guides where students can discuss what they enjoy about learning and how that might reflect into a career, with special visitors, school trips into multiple industry workplaces, university taster days and Oasis Life workshops.
Our 5 core themes are:
- Inspire: working in partnerships with local businesses to inspire students to think about the different industries available to them after education
- Aspire: trying new experiences to get a grip with their understanding of pathways through workshops and trips
- Explore: encouraging students to explore a variety of industries, skills and options including apprenticeships, university and the working world
- Experiment: taking advantage of support programmes, mentoring and work experience to give careers and hands-on test for compatability
- Action: supporting students in putting their goals and aspirations into action through mock interviews, application support and skills workshops.
Post 16 Students
At Oasis Academy Enfield we expect that the vast majority of our Year 13 students will go on to university when they leave.
The Academy supports students in developing their skills, knowledge and experience in preparation for their chosen career through a variety of projects.
In the summer term of Year 12 students complete a two week work placement to gain practical experience of their chosen career.
Support and advice will be given to students when finding a place to do their work experience, and through a visit to their workplace during this time. Previous work experience placements have included: KPMG, Barclays, ExCel Centre, London City Airport, Brunel Museum, Maritime Museum, Coffee Shops, Restaurants, EPLS Design, NHS, Vets and Hearst publications to name some.