Year 7 Admissions
If you are a Parent or Carer and wish to apply for a place in Year 7 at Oasis Academy Enfield for the following September, you will need to complete the Common Application Form via the Enfield Council Website.
Arrangements for applications for places to Year 7 at the Academy will be made in accordance with Enfield Council
The closing date for Year 7 applications is Monday 14th January 2019
How places will be allocated at Oasis Academy Enfield
Initial allocations will involve only those applications received by the published closing date and accepted as ‘on time’.
The criteria will then be applied in the order in which they are set out below (please note that full criteria can be found in our Admission policy on the right):
- Children in public care (looked after children) and children who were adopted (or subject to residence orders or special guardianship orders) immediately following having been looked after.
- Children for whom the Academy is appropriate on exceptional medical grounds. Such applications will be considered under this criterion if they are supported by an attached written statement from a doctor.
- Children with a brother or sister (sibling) living at the same address, who will attend the Academy when the applicant would be admitted. The term “sibling” means a full, step, half, adopted or fostered brother or sister, but not cousins. The Academy reserves the right to ask for proof of relationship.
- Children whose parent is a member of staff who has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time of application and/or children of a member of staff who has been recruited to fill a vacancy for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children living nearest to the Academy. The distance used to determine how close the child lives to the Academy will be the direct measurements from the front door of the permanent home address to the main entrance (South Street) to the Academy site (travel by private car or public transport will not be taken into account).
If there are more applicants than there are places remaining within a particular category, and where there is no difference in the distance from home to the Academy for two or more children, random allocation, carried out by a person or persons unconnected with the Academy, will be used to allocate the final available place(s) and to establish priority on the waiting list.
- Children who have a Statement of Special Educational needs or an Education Health and Care Plan will be offered a place at the Academy if it is named in accordance with the Education Act 1996 and the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.
- The Academy publishes specific criteria in relation to minimum academic entrance requirements for admission to the post-16 provision. These criteria are the same for internal and external transfers.
Want to come pay us a visit?
We always welcome visitors at our Academy. We have the following scheduled open days:
Tuesday October 16th 6pm - 8pm
Saturday October 20th 11am - 2pm
However we are able to cater for parents and carers who are unable to visit on these days by special request. Get in touch with the school office today and we'll be pleased to arrange a date with you.
Tel: 0207 000 0001