We take pride in each and every one of our pupils at the academy, and know that they are equally proud to be wearing their academy badge on their uniforms.
Please read this guidance, alongside the Oasis National Uniform Policy - which outlines responsibilities held by the academy, parents/carers and students. You can also access this policy through our Policies page.
Why do we have a uniform?
We recognise the value of having academy uniforms for the following reasons:
- Inclusion – uniforms promote our belief of inclusion for all
- A sense of belonging – the uniform promotes a sense of belonging in each student, academy and the Trust
- Safety – if all the students in our Trust wear a clearly recognisable, correctly branded uniform it is easy to identify strangers in the academy. On the way to and from the academy it also affords a degree of safety as the students are part of a large body of young people who will look out for each other
- Preparation for the future – many jobs require staff to wear a uniform and even if there isn’t a uniform there is often a dress code. Uniform helps young people get used to dressing to a prescribed standard. It also helps them know the difference between formal and informal dress
- Value for money – good quality uniform should be seen as effective value for money by most parents / carers
- Relieves students from fashion ‘stress’ – a localised academy uniform eliminates the stress placed on students to purchase and wear expensive, fashionable items
- A sense of pride – we all feel proud of our young people when they are well dressed in the uniform. Uniform and PE/sport kits also help students to demonstrate pride in their academy
- Helps raise aspirations – the smarter you feel the more you believe you can achieve
You can purchase uniform online from Uniform4Kids and in-person from Lyons School Shop. Please note that branded items are only available from Uniform4Kids. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to the academy.
|242 Hertford Road
Tel: 020 8804 3627
|Monday - Thursday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Jewellery & Personal Belongings
Stud earrings and watches are the only permitted jewellery on site. Pupils wearing any other items, such as hoop or long earrings, rings, or bracelets will be asked to remove them. We have the following expectations when it comes to personal appearances at school.
- Only natural hair colours, no extreme colours
- No tramlines in hair or eyebrows
- No facial or other piercings
- No henna or artificial tattoos/body ink
- No artificial/false nails or gel nails/gel colours
Please do not send your children to the academy with personal belongings other than those required for study. Mobile phones will be confiscated and any games devices brought in for break times should be done with caution. The school accepts no responsibility for lost items.
For safety reasons, all jewellery should be removed for all PE activities and long hair should be tied up. If students are unable to remove jewellery, it should be covered with tape
Usually, students are expected to change into PE kit for every PE lesson.
Some students may wish to wear distinctive garments for religious reasons. This includes a plain black or white religious head covering.
Uniform costs and support
The Academy takes the cost of the uniform seriously, and works hard to ensure that those items that are required can be purchased for a reasonable price that provides good value.
If any parents are concerned about the cost of uniform items, please contact the academy so we can explore what support is available.